Friday, July 29, 2011

Late

It appears that "1.0" has picked up at least one negative habit from his to-be mother: he is not on time. I hope once he joins the outside world he will learn a few things from his to-be father who is fond of saying "if you arrive on time you are late, but if you arrive early you are on time." My due date came and went yesterday, and I woke up today still pregnant. Even more disheartening is that there is little sign of the end of this pregnancy being near. I understand that at some point--one way or another--he will come out, but why does it feel like I am doomed to be pregnant forever? I am of course grateful for the relatively smooth pregnancy so far and most of all hopeful that whenever 1.0 arrives he will be healthy. But, I cannot help being disappointed that 1.0 is not as eager to meet us as we are to meet him. And as a final selfish note, Joe was kind enough to point out to me this morning that if he waits to be born until August, his birth stone goes from being the lovely July Ruby to the August Peridot. Enough said.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, he is content and does not want to leave his secure spot; however, he will. Aunt Sheila said she would be most pleased if he is born August 2 - her birthday.

    ReplyDelete