Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Joe

Joe had to work the whole weekend so it was a less than ideal birthday.  However, Oliver and I enjoyed making daddy's card; baking daddy's cupcakes; decorating daddy's gift; and learning/singing the "Happy Birthday" song (with an extra couple lines added per Oliver's request: "and many more" and "happy birthday honey bunny"--something I on occasion call Oliver, but never Joe). 
Each day we have a "word of the day" on the chalkboard.  I write each letter (Oliver tells me what the letter is) and then I draw pictures to go with the word.  After spelling out "DADDY", I asked Oliver what daddy likes and one of his words was "people", which I thought was a pretty good observation.
Oliver and I baked cupcakes from scratch.  He had his own bowl of flour and sugar that he stirred with a whisk and taste tested ("sugar good" he let me know).  He also helped me mix the eggs and checked on the cupcakes through the oven door as they baked.
He was pretty pleased with his handy work.  I reminded him that this is what we made by mixing the flour, sugar, and eggs.  This was only the second time I let him have a sugary treat (half a cupcake), and his response: "sugar good, more!"
Oliver "helping" daddy open the gift we decorated.
And what did Oliver get his daddy?  Old fashioned glasses, of course.
Happy birthday honey bunny, we love you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Joe! Sounds like Mommy and Oliver had some quality time together planning the celebration- how fun!!

    ReplyDelete