Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's Almost Halloween!!

The excitement for Halloween is building around Rittenhouse.  As a matter of fact, Oliver now declares nearly every day Halloween.  Halloween and Thanksgiving have evolved into my two most favorite holidays.  I would say for two main reasons.  First, I love Fall.  I love everything about it: the colors, the leaves falling, the cooler weather, the smells....  Second, the end of the billable year is October 31st.  So every year since I started working at the firm, October 31st has a been a bit of a celebratory moment. 

Today we carved pumpkins.  He has been talking about it since we picked our pumpkins a couple weeks ago.  But, we held out as long as we could because the weather has been so great 55-70 all October, so we were worried carved pumpkins would not make it to Halloween.  It was worth the wait, Oliver and I had a great time. 

Ready!  Wearing Daddy's safety glasses (his new must have item when "working").
Let's get scooping.
Oliver requested "Happy Jack-o-lanterns," not "Spooky Guys."
Carving is serious business.
He was pretty pleased with our work.
My little pumpkin with his Halloween pumpkins.
Happy Halloween!
He is now telling everyone what he is going to be for Halloween, but I have not shown him his costume yet b/c I am sure he will not take it off.  Hopefully, he loves it.  We have plans to go trick-or-treating with his pal Avery at school.  I think it will be a long week of anticipation for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment