Saturday, April 4, 2015

Half Birthday

School has been going great.  Oliver really enjoys his friends and is adjusted to the routine and structure.  In February, Oliver celebrated his "half birthday" at school with his friend Clara since they both have birthdays during the Summer when regular school is not in session.

We sent pictures for a timeline of his life.  The kids sang a song, blew out a candle and then his teacher read a little summary story (filled in by parents) about the child.  I copied Oliver's below.  The b-day kids can bring treats to share.  Clara's mom send cupcakes, we shared strawberries, and Oliver volunteered to help pass them out to his friends.

A Birthday Celebration Bio for:  Oliver Joseph Marx
When I was born on August 8, 2011, it was such a special day!   On that day, my Mommy and Daddy were there to greet me and welcome me to the world.

Newborn:     As a newborn baby, during my first year of life, I accomplished so much, like…When I was a baby, I learned how to crawl, walk, and talk at the condo on M Street in Washington, DC.  I loved jumping in my jumper, dancing with my mommy, going for walks while riding in my daddy’s backpack, playing with cars and trucks, and reading books.  When I was a baby my favorite toys were Sophie the giraffe and my wooden truck.
                                                                                                           …Then I turned 1!

1 Year Old:    When I was 1, I learned to do many things that year, like…When I was 1 year old, we still lived on M Street.  I learned how to say lots of new sentences, sing songs, and paint.  When I was one, my favorite toys were Myrtle and my yellow school bus.
                                                                                                          …Then I turned 2!
                                                                                                                                                                                         
2 Years Old:   When I was 2, I found I could do things like…When I was 2 years old we moved to Rittenhouse.  I learned to climb up and down stairs, how to garden, and how to drive my fire engine really, really fast.  I started sleeping in my race car bed, got my sandbox and met my friends Abby and Bo.  When I was 2 years old, my favorite toys were Myrtle and Panda, my ’57 Chevy, and my fire engine.
                                                                                                        …Then I turned 3!                                                                                                     
3 Years Old:    When I was 3, I discovered …When I turned 3 years old, I started school at Broad Branch Children’s House.  I learned how to ride my scooter, use the potty by myself, and be a really good friend.  My favorite toys are Legos, trains, cars and trucks.  I am really good at building things and having great ideas.

                                                                         …and then I turned 3 and a half!                          

Now I can do so much…like I am learning how to read and write
It’s GREAT to be me!!




Now, whenever someone asks him how old he is, he proudly tells them, "I am three and a half years old."

Note:  the green shoes are not a fashion statement.  All the kids are given green or blue slippers to wear inside while at school:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment