Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I'm pretty sure.

Around 6:30 each morning, Oliver gets up and climbs into our bed to wake me up.  We usually chat, read books, play with cars or planes, and/or snuggle before starting our day.  This morning, we talked about tanks, war, diplomacy, daddy's snoring, and read Noah's Ark.

Then I asked Oliver a question, which started a conversation that went something like this:

Mommy: "Did you notice mommy's tummy has been growing?"
Oliver:  "Yes"

M:  "What do you think could be in there?"
O:  "A baby!"  (Big smile on his face)

M:  "You think it is a baby?"
O:  "Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

M:  "If it is a baby, do you think it might be a brother or a sister?"
O:   (thoughtful pause)  "A sister."

I asked if he wanted to go with to our ultrasound appointment, and I explained how an ultrasound worked.  He said he did want to come.

I was really worried about telling him and how he would take it.  Much to my surprise, it seems he had already figured it all out on his own.

Oliver was amazing at the ultrasound.  He asked a lot of questions, and he was all smiles seeing the images and talking to the technician.  He rubbed my belly and was the sweetest little boy you can imagine.  When we left they gave us pictures and he took them and would not give them up.  He told strangers about the baby in his mommy's uterus while we waited for our car.  And continues to share the news with everyone he sees.  Oliver made sharing the news with him the most wonderful experience.

Here are a few photos from our 22 week + 3 day ultrasound.






3 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory you have. And I love the picture of him on the exam table with you! And also thanks for sharing the ultrasound pics...can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Oliver! Can't wait to meet baby girl and see Oliver as a big bro! Hope you are feeling good, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Congratulations. Such happy news.

    ReplyDelete