Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Grandpa

We spent the afternoon at the "Pumpkin Festival" at Butler's Orchard on Saturday.  Grandma was in town this week to help us out while Joe was away on a dive trip for work.  Oliver and Grandma had a great week together.  And we all had a really fun time at the Orchard.  Oliver enjoyed all the tractors, space to run (and fly his plane), kids park, kettle corn, and pumpkins. By the time we picked out his pumpkin he was pretty tuckered out so we skipped the hayride to the pumpkin patch and picked a pumpkin at the market.  He declared the first one his choice and declined to smile for any pics. 

That night, I was laying with Oliver as he was fell asleep and he said the following:

I think my Grandpa would really like Butler's Orchard.  I think he would like it so much he could drive his tractor there.  Then all the other guys would say, "Wow, he is a really good tractor driver."  Then every time I go to the Orchard, I could see my Grandpa.

It seems the only thing Oliver thought was missing from our fun day was: his Grandpa.




No comments:

Post a Comment