Monday, August 22, 2016

Do I look like a big kid?

Oliver's first day of kindergarten: August 22, 2016.  His teach is Ms. Richie, who we met the first time today at drop-off.  If he was nervous he did not show it.  He was full of joy and excitement for his first day.  As we left the house, he put on his new backpack that he picked out and asked me, "Do I look like a big kid?"  He chatted the whole way to school.  We got out of the car to walk a couple short blocks, and I said you look good.  He responded, "Do I really look good mommy?"  Yes, he did.  Drop-off was outside, so we walked up to his teacher and he immediately introduced himself and started telling her about how he likes space, turtles, etc.  He gave me a hug and kiss and insisted I rub it in and keep it all day.  I told him to have a great day and he said of course he would.  I watched him walk into school talking with the teacher. 

I think it will be a great day.  I think he was ready.  I think he will make new friends.  I think he is going to love school.  I think he is a big kid now.







1 comment:

  1. such a big kid!!! can't wait to hear how it went!!

    ReplyDelete