Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crybaby


Oliver had a doctor’s appointment and his first set of immunizations today. The picture is obviously from before his immunization shots, when he was still trying to charm the doctors and nurses. Even with that smile, he had to face the needles. But, he handled the shots like a total trooper. At first he cried with shock, but quickly calmed down, nursed, and fell asleep on the way home. I did not handle it quite as well. I am pretty sure I shed more tears than he did at the doctor’s office. I guess that makes me the bigger crybaby. He has been a bit more sleepy and fussy than usual since getting home, but with a little cuddling and love he quickly calms down.


His exam went really well. He is doing great, and packing on the pounds. He is now up to 10 lb, 9 oz. (the 42nd percentile for his age, which is up from 23rd at his last visit) and 22.3 inches (47th percentile).

2 comments:

  1. I guess he is taking after his Grandfather in the percentile ranges. Keep in mind Joe's nickname was stub as a child. StuB not stud-just to clarify.
    Glad to hear he is doing well, safe travels to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... What a cutie pie! You guys are doing such a good job. Shots are hard, and, at least for me, it doesn't get easier. We just had A's 1-year shots, and I was a wreck. can't wait to meet O in November.

    ReplyDelete