Thursday, December 1, 2011

A few of O’s favorite things…

In his first 16 weeks of life, Oliver has already started to accumulate some favorite things. I know babies have a lot of the same likes and dislikes, but I am enjoying seeing my baby enjoy the little pleasures in his life. So I am going to take the liberty of sharing a few of the things I love to enjoy him loving…


Milk. I guess it goes without saying that babies love milk. Oliver has a clear preference for Mommy-made milk. It cracks me up the way he will stop in the middle of eating and look up at me with the biggest smile as if to say, thank you Mommy, I really LOVE this milk!


Books. This is my favorite of his favorites. Oliver loves to look at books and be read to, and he shows a preference for certain books over others. I was so proud of him when a couple weeks ago he started helping turn the pages when we read together. Lately, he has also started to "read" the stories to us.

Hands. His hands, my hands, Daddy’s hands, anyone’s hands…the kid loves to chew, stare at, touch, and hold hands and fingers.


Sophie. His 'Sophie la girafe' takes a close second place to his hands.


Sheryl. Oliver loves to be silly and giggle with Sheryl. I love my little man more than I can say and I try to be silly with him, but nothing compares to the fun Oliver has with Sheryl. She knows how to get him giggling in a way that just melts my heart.

Independence. We have found that while Oliver wants us to be available and in his line of vision, he also loves his independent playtime. He talks enthusiastically to himself and gets his thinking face on (often with lips puckered and eyes concentrating on whatever toy or book he is working on).



Sleepy Snuggles. I am guilty of letting him indulge in this bad habit. Oliver’s favorite place to fall sleep is snuggled up on my chest. And he is pretty happy sleeping in Daddy’s arms too!


Good Morning. Ever since he started smiling (which it seems like he was born doing), Oliver has woken up, locked eyes with me, and started his day with a big gummy smile. I love being the first person he sees in the morning because it makes my day to see that smile!


3 comments:

  1. aww, loved reading this post and getting to know more about his personality! love his big gummy grin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see he is such a happy baby for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those smiles during nursing too. And it only gets better. Beginning several months ago, when Wy would do that I often would look at him and ask "is it delicious?" Lately, Wy is trying to say everything. The other day he takes a break from nursing, looks up at me, smiles, and says "ish ish." Melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete