Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stranger Danger!

Oliver is having a great week. He is also a very lucky boy because he got three packages with gifts this week! Nana sent him a couple teething toys in anticipation of the next tooth/teeth coming in. Our Seattle friends, the Knellers, sent us a goodie box with hand-me-downs, new books, and other treats. And the Zohlen family sent Oliver a couple of great books and a cool new toy. I know Oliver will love playing with this last gift that traveled all the way from California very soon. However, I cannot help posting this picture I took on my phone of his first response. I felt bad laughing at him, but he freaked out as soon as I pulled it out of the box. He acted this way about one other toy we introduced him to about a month ago, it was also a "stacker" style toy (not nearly as cool as this one though)--not sure if there is a connection--but after a few introductions he is now very happy to play with the other toy so I know he will warm up to this one too. He is also showing a shy side around strangers, but ~usually~ warms up once the gets the nod from mom or dad. Thanks for the great stuff Nana, Amy and Staci!!

2 comments: