Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Did he really just say that?

We have had a few moments lately where Oliver will say something and we will look at each other and ask, did he REALLY just say that??  Last night was a particularly good one...

Oliver and I were sitting at the table painting one of those light-weight toy gliders.  Joe was making supper and we were a little behind on the evening "schedule."  I could tell Oliver was getting hungry and tired.  But, we carried on.  He is all about telling us how various flying machines work (thanks to the "How Things Work" book that he loves--thanks again Amy).  So he was telling me about how the glider gets pulled up by a rope and finds thermals.  I got a bit of ribbon and tied it onto one of his little bi-planes and taped the other end to the glider so he could show me how it worked.  He played with this for about 10-15 minutes.  Then suddenly, he hit the tired wall.  He wanted the ribbon off or maybe on, he could not decide and he started fussing.  After about a minute of this, he looked at me and said:  "I'm frustrated!"

Joe's response from the kitchen, "did he really just say that?!"

Yes, yes he did. 

Not from last night, but pretty representative of the post-tired wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment