Sunday, March 17, 2013

First Haircut

I have clipped Oliver's hair around his ears a few times in the past when it started getting long.  However, it had really started getting long in the back and was pretty untidy.  I knew the task was no longer within my skill level (especially given my uneven attempted bang chop a few months ago), but I was a little reluctant to take away the last of his baby look and free-flowing hair-do.  But, there is this little barber shop in Georgetown that we have driven or walked by many times.  A couple weeks ago, I saw a little boy sitting in the chair getting his hair cut, and I thought it might be the right place to take Oliver someday soon.

 Here are a few shots of his long locks about a week ago...

Oliver doing some light house work after emptying the contents of my jewelery box.
Looking cute, but a little shaggy.
Note the excellent utensil usage--a recent development.

Joe scheduled a massage and pedicure for my birthday in Georgetown.  When my boys came to pick me up, we had to walk past the barber shop to get to the car.  I asked Oliver if he wanted to get a haircut, and he seemed game.  So we walked in and Oliver got his first hair cut...

For a minute, we thought this might not be so bad, then the scissors came out.
We discussed the situation, and he calmed a bit.
But, things got much more enjoyable when Oliver got to watch the other man in the shop get his hair blow-dried.
Even better when Daddy let Oliver watch a video clip of a rocket blasting off on his iphone.
i



Afterward, we had a nice long walk, a chat in the grass/dirt, and some fun at the park.  Our little man is growing up so fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment