Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!


I am lucky to have a loving and supportive mother as well as a wonderful mother-in-law.  As a new mom, I cannot help but have a new appreciation for all that my mom did for me growing up.  Thank you mom!
I was spoiled with both gifts and love on my first ex utero Mother’s day.  I have to admit, I hardly felt like I had earned all the attention given what a privilege it is just to be Oliver's mom.

It was a beautiful weekend in DC, which means we were able to celebrate Mother’s day doing some of my favorite things.  We spent lots of time outside: picnicking, walking and playing in the grass.  We enjoyed lunch out on both Saturday and Sunday, picked out fruit and veggies for making baby food, visited the National Aquarium, and bought a couple new books at the bookstore.  The best part was spending time with both of my boys—a pretty perfect first Mother’s Day weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!! Sounds like a perfect one...and I think I speak for everyone that we want to know what was in that big box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I agree with Staci re: the big box. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the big red box:-)

    ReplyDelete