Monday, May 28, 2012

I choose you.


When I was pregnant, I had several people say something like, “you will just find the time.”  I can’t say exactly what this comment meant to each person who said it, but in my experience I have been very unsuccessful at “finding time.”  Instead, I have become acutely aware of the seemingly small number of hours in a week.  Work is an inflexible constant.  For the remaining time, the only way to make the math work for me has been to subtract activities so that I can add in time with Oliver.  It occurred to me this weekend that there are several things on my subtraction list that I miss like pedicures, yoga, massages and facials, pottery, getting my hair cut, shopping for me, dinners out, and sleep.  But, it is not that I don’t have time to do these things.  Joe is always offering/encouraging me to take a Saturday morning and go to the spa or yoga class.  It is that whenever I have to choose between one of these activities and spending time with Oliver, I always choose Oliver. 

With a kid this cute, fun and lovable, can you blame me!?








2 comments:

  1. definitely can not blame you! he's adorable and if his personality has stayed on the same course as it was when at 6 weeks, i know he's a pretty amazing little guy. can't wait to spend more time with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bonnie. I totally understand this post. You are a wonderful mother, as anyone can tell by checking your blog and seeing these adorable pictures of a very happy and healthy little boy.

    One trick I've learned is that if you have a lot of reading to do, take your materials and go to a pedicure place because you can read and "work" while getting pampered. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete