Saturday, February 22, 2014

Will you be my Valentine?

Oliver and I enjoy doing crafts together.  So it was great to have Valentine's Day as an excuse to make cards for friends and family.  For his Friday daycare class and other friends, we did store-bought and decorated the envelopes with stamps and stickers.  For family, we made a few cards from scratch.  I asked Oliver to sign the cards when we were done decorating and said make an "O" for Oliver.  To my surprise he did, so then I said make an "L"..... I was shocked at his focus for several cards as he followed my instructions for each letter of his name. 




I was totally spoiled this Valentine's Day.  Not only did Joe send me flowers, jewelry, and treats at work, but I got the best gift when I arrived home on Valentine's Day.  Due to snow, Joe had the day off and stayed home with Oliver.  They made me a card (note the hand print--loved it!) and the three of us had a candle-light dinner.  But, the memory I will cherish forever, is Oliver running to me when I opened the door holding his card and bursting with excitement.  After a few prompts from Joe, "Oliver what do you want to ask Mommy?"  Oliver smiles, runs over to me and says, "Mommy, will you be my Valentine?" and then gives me a huge hug.  Best Valentine's Day ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment